100g Korean curry powder (hot)
400g Casserole beef
1 brown onion (medium)
1 red/green/yellow capsicum (medium)
1 broccoli (small)
1 carrot (small)
1/2 sweet potato (medium) – potato can be used as well
2 hot red chillies (depending on your palate)
3tb canola oil (fine w/ any vegetable oil)
5 cups water
Salt and pepper
*serving with rice
1. Cut your veggies (except chillies) and meat into small chunks or bite-sized pieces.
2. Sauté the meat first and place it in a large pot. Continue to fry your hard vegetables (sweet potato and carrot) and onions in the same pan then place them w/ beef in the pot. Sauté the rest vegetables.
3. Add water to the pot and bring to a boil. Then add the lastly sautéed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, capsicum) and let it simmer over medium heat for about 5minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to a low heat then add curry powder slowly while stirring the ingredients in the pot. You can add some salt and pepper at this point to meet your taste.
5. Let it simmer for another 3 minutes then serve it with rice in a bowl or a plate.
6. Enjoy your dish! 🙂
It was a five-hour-full-on preparation for a lunch party with 9 guests. I felt as if I was opening up an instant restaurant which was intense but fun at the same time. After all it was well received by the guests! The hard work finally paid off. 🙂
Sicilian recipes from taste.com.au
(You can search recipes by the name of each meal listed on this post)
Zucchini carpaccio with garlic crostini
Mediterranean roast vegetables
Italian vegetable salad (not pictured)
Cos, avocado and pine nut salad (not pictured)
Barbecued swordfish with salsa verde
Caramelised figs with chocolate ricotta